Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Technique

To Changi, 68 km. I've been struggling with my contact lenses; they're the most comfortable brand for me among the brands I've tried, but the hardest to remove from their containers. Until I look at the instructions again. It's amazing how looking with an open mind at a few lines on paper can make such a difference. On the road, I feel so lethargic; I cycle so little nowadays. I pass a biker in denim shorts. A "race" starts. He sits on my tail even at 48 km/h downhill. I slow down as I run out of hill. He overtakes. I sit on his tail, going uphill at 41 km/h. I'm glad when he veers away towards Changi Village. I explore the unknown until four dogs bark. I reckon this pack barks but won't bite, but I turn back anyway. At the start of the ride, I'm thinking of how a dog took a chunk of out a biker's calf ...

No comments: