Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Having it both ways

To Mandai Road, 51 km. I'm supposed to cycle to Sungei Tengah today but S calls me to warn me of ominous clouds in the west. So I cycle north, stuff the cumulo nimbus clouds. I see an inviting patch in the foilage by the road and plunge in, but the trail peters out. On the way out, thorn-studded foilage slams into my mouth. A small scratch appears on my finger as I push the vegetation away. I'm glad I'm going slow; if not, my lips might've been shredded. That would've made drinking soup difficult. An ant bites me. That's par for the course. I expect this in the jungle. Next time I walk into peril in the concrete jungle, well, I'd expect that too. But today, I ride bike while the sun shines. And in case it rains, I've got my muddy shoes and mud-encrusted . All's well that ends well; I get to cycle and when it pours, it cleans my bike. Today, I have it both ways.

No comments: