Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sweat the small stuff

To Countryside Road, 25 km. Today is the first time I'm cycling with proper rim tape (Zefal, no less), instead of using electrical tape or cut-up inner tubes. Whoever says "don't sweat the small stuff" probably isn't a cyclist - less than 1 mm of material separates an inner tube from puncturing by spokes. I'm also back on fat tyres; it gives more workout in less time, and takes more wear and tear than slick tyres. My back hurts; I stop to adjust my saddle, giving it perhaps 1 degree more tilt. If you don't seat the small stuff, you will end up sweating more.

No comments: