Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ungrateful and unhappy

To Simei, 18 km. Ripple effect. Knock-on effect. Butterfly effect. Whatever you want to call it, doing (or not doing) one thing leads to another. Things happen when someone makes a decision and doesn't stick to it (not that the situation has changed; only the mind has changed). I miss an important dinner then I cycle to Simei, the site of tomorrow's Charity Bike n Blade flag-off. I arrive when it is "lights off" and wake up my slumbering friends who are trying to get enough sleep as we have to arise at 4.30 am. So, what can I be thankful for? A room all to myself. And I suppose I did get out of the office to go for this charity ride, though I'd to bail out on the Bike-Aid one next month.

No comments: