Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The office

To Tanjong Pagar, 32 km. Today is the first day in my life that I've cycled to the office. I do it after work. Turns out to be 10 minutes faster than by train, door to door. On the way home, there are three close calls on the road, the last time involving a lady who goes straight while in a lane for turning. My bicycle feels skittish; I'm back on slicks after being on knobbies since early Mar. It takes some getting used to. And I'm still revelling in this month's race victory; I see the detailed results today. Missed one position by a second. If I'd joined the Weekend Warrior category, I'd have been fifth. And if I was young enough for the Men' Junior, I'd have been 4th!

No comments: