Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New togs, old gripes

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 26 km. I've a new helmet on my head. It (the helmet, not the head) is German-made and has a recommended retail price of $400. I've got a new jersey on my back. It's priceless, being intended only for participants of next week's Bike N Blade charity ride. The hardest part of a charity ride is not the ride, but the charity - fundraising. I exceeded the target comfortably, with the lowest and highest donations being $5 and $500 respectively. It seems at least one person raised less than a twentieth of the target, yet got the same sponsored goodies as the rest of us. That's turning the rich-poor divide on its head; those with riches gripe about those without. Ah well, the ride will restore equity. Those who put in more training will literally get ahead. And so I train, tearing around the circuit on my beloved knobbies. The joggers are all over the road again. One of them is in full battle order, sans helmet and rifle.

No comments: