Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Scattering and scrambling

To Tampines Mountain Bike Trail, 43 km. I'd slept as much as I wanted and skipped today's group rides. I want today to be an easy ride. But when I hit the trail, I want to see if I can go faster than yesterday. And I do, for a while. Around corners, I press down on the pedal inside the turn and power myself out of the bends. As I scatter gravel around me, a jogger gets in the way. Braking in those conditions could be dicey. He scrambles out of the way and I overshoot the bend. "Bike trail!" I yell. When he sees me again round the trail, he ducks away. The radio controlled hobbyists are at it again. Some with airborne machines, others with tiny monster trucks. I try the BMX track too, twice. A ditch has been dug in front of a mound of earth. My wheel digs into one of them, scrubbing off speed. I stall on the mound and ignominously push my up, then dismount before the next ditch.

No comments: