Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Circle game

To Tampines Mountain Bike Trail, 45 km. Next weekend, they'll know if they've won the parliamentary elections. Next weekend, I'll know if I've won a medal. They've been wondering who contests in which constituency. I've been wondering which category to race in: Weekend Warrior or Men's Masters? Strategic choices, tactical choices. The similarity doesn't end here. All parties at the hustings have circles in their logos. As for me, I cycle on circles and in circles at the trail. For the first time, I cycle five rounds non-stop. On my fifth circuit, a guy blasts past me. I crank up but the gap widens. At least, I get confirmation that I'm on the right track; it's hard to gauge from the 2004 photo of the the last race here. I skid while cornering; somehow my leg lifts, my rear wheel regains traction and I regain balance. My drive train rattles like a kid's toy, while there's mud over the , the chain's rollers are shiny. Where did all the lube go?

No comments: