Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

When small is big

To Braddell Hill, 20 km. How is it possible to get busier? Emails, papers on my table, people in my face. Urgent, important. Time is of the essence. But somehow, it passes. I hit the road after work, looking for the highest hill nearby to climb. It turns out to be less high than I thought. But it's a quiet place for solace. I stop by a petrol kiosk and treat myself to an ice cream. Ah, small pleasures are a big deal. The radio is playing. It's light classical music. I've not heard it for years, but I like it. The kind of music that plays on Band of Brothers. Not a funeral dirge, but not normal programming either. This afternoon, former senior cabinet minister S Rajaratnam passes away.

No comments: