Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dog tired

To West Coast Highway, 103 km. You know how it is with dogs, they chase cyclists, get tired and slow to a trot, until the next peloton passes by, and the chase starts again. And that's how it is with me. The first Thomson peloton blasts past. I don't even bother to chase. Wave no. 2 draws nearer. I ready myself, then catapult into the slipstream as nuclear-powered SY waves at me. A jam at the Kranji dam separates us. I struggle ahead and hang on at 42 km/h behind two girls including SY, but soon drop behind (hence the expression "separating the man from the girls"). Wave no. 3 passes next and I draft at a more humane 38 km/h. We stop at Lim Chu Kang to wait for the rest. Soon, we are eight again. N leads me to a West Coast hawker centre, which is my first time there. I have, for the first time ever, a kuay teow goreng and a Horlicks dinosaur. Bleah. Today is also the first time I pump my tyres to 110 psi (10% more than recommended). It's easier to ride, but not enough to catch more roadies.

No comments: