Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Water, water everywhere

To Jalan Chengam, 17 km. We're about three-quarters water, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. We have water inside us, but water on us is something else. It's been pouring, raining and drizzling for the past few days, including all day on Sunday and today, a public holiday. Today, it rains the moment I put on my cycling wear. It is about five hours later that I sneak out. The road is wet and droplets still fall from the sky and spray me from the road, but I've to cycle. I charge up slopes in the area for an intense ride. It's not the endorphins that make me feel better. It's being on a , to be free. The ride is marred by three close calls in 17 km. Singapore drivers ... compare that with no close calls in 1,000 km in Malaysia.

No comments: