Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Attack and retreat

To Shenton Way, 60 km. I feel lousy and so is my performance. This is my second ride with the Night Ryders, and the second time I haven't completed a ride. The first time, my excuse was I have to wake up before dawn (true). Tonight, my excuse is, I've got a cold coming (also true). But that's never stopped me before. This ride, I surge forward, then fall back, again and again. After briefing TCW about our ride to Perlis, I break off with him towards home. He's unwell too, but still surges ahead of me, ahead even of the roadies. I strain to draft him. It's gonna be some ride with him for over 1,000 km next week. Let's see what holds up better: a steel steed (mine) or carbon (his). Given my advancing age, I figure it's time for titanium.

No comments: