Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Two firsts and one second


To Sentosa, 102 km. Today is the first time I'm taking part in an NUS Cycling Club ride. It's also the first time I'm taking part in an "amazing race" type competition. In my team is another "old" chap (NSJ) like me; he's from Bikers 21. We must be the oldest chaps around; the rest are undergraduates almost half our age. Our team of four is halved, since one of the team members doesn't even want to push her bicycle uphill and her boyfriend stays back to accompany her. I barely recognise the Sentosa off-road trails since I was last there for the Subaru race. We come in second. I like my prize (Campagnolo waterbottle) more than the first prize (socks). If it wasn't for NSJ, I doubt we could've won anything. He's a great navigator and I'm great at getting lost. After dinner, a few riders accompany me as I head home via Jurong and Kranji. Two of them break off along the way, including a China girl who's learnt American, British and Singapore English.

No comments: