Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Concentration not distraction

Mandai, 44 km. A phone call means I have less time and distance to train. So I pack more intensity into the time I have. And cycle on a more-inclined, more dangerous route, with monkeys and cars parked in the middle of the road. The monkeys beg for food, the drivers ask for trouble on this road with runners, cyclists, blind corners, monkeys and, yes, other drivers out on a lark. Besides training intensity, even danger is concentrated.

My rear shifting has "shifted" somewhat. After years of smoothly sliding out the cable housing to lube the shifter cable, I got distracted while servicing it earlier. And miss out a step. The consequence of lack of concentration: I almost kink the cable in my haste (that phone call) as I force it in. I must've stretched the steel cable with my steely fingers :o

My chain slips now and then too. This can't have anything to do with the cable, can it?

I wonder what the next few hundred km will do. With good (or bad) fortune, I might even hit a thousand. Will keep you posted.

Meanwhile, may 2013 bring you more good tidings and riding than 2012, which has been such a horrid year for me.

No comments: