Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Friday, April 06, 2012

It never rains, but pours

I wilt but I stand
Woodlands, 56 km. It never rains, but pours. One piece of bad news last week, then even worse news this week.

The physical pouring rain stops. I head north, to the end of the former railway line. The metaphorical rain continues. I am at the end of my tether, my stomach is knotted. For the first time ever, I have to make an emergency stop to recover.

My rear derailleur shifts erratically. It feels ok when I use the middle and small chain rings. Then, I shift to the big chain ring and it's as if I've one sprocket less. I've commited to memory how both rear derailleur adjustment screws and barrel adjuster adjust. I stop at a carpark and adjust till it seems ok.

On the road today, five drivers play "chicken" with me.  Four of them blink, perhaps because of my blinking lights, one of which is a red skull with flashing eyes. The fifth driver overtakes me, swerves into my way and cuts me off without a care in the world.

No comments: