Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Weight of iron-y

Buona Vista, 50 km. Holidays allow a break from stress. To work out where to go, when to go, the daily itinerary, can be fun. To work out whether to go, what to beware - especially if the trip involves icy cold, dizzying heights above 5,000m and a bicycle - can be stressful.

To work out to keep fit is to keep healthy. Yet, the work out can cause injury. Bad shoulder or not, dark clouds or not, I go on the road to go off-road, along the former railway track.

As it's earlier in the day, I see walkers, joggers and several mountain bikers.

Some small bridges are still intact. I cycle cautiously to maintain traction as I negotiate the gravel on a bridge above a road. There are just two thin wires between safety and a bloody mangled end below. Hmm, perhaps "cautiously" isn't the right word. "Cautious" would be one who gets off and pushes, isn't it?

No comments: