Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A way out

Nov distance: 326 km

Sengkang, 45 km. I heard some bad news a few days ago and passed it on ... The road that was there, it's gone now; a ditch runs across it now. I detour into new territory to find the rest of the old road and the kampung house it used to pass. Mud splashes up my rims and onto my newly-waxed bicycle. The house is gone. All that remains is some wood, broken glass and an abandoned sofa. The people had no choice but move on. What happens when change happens? We can try to change the change (fight). Or avoid it (flight). Or change ourselves: the way we see it, feel it. We choose any of the three or toggle among them if we've calculated wrongly.

No comments: