Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Simple and quiet

Woodlands, 44 km. I'm so tired, I go to bed. I'm so restless, I go and ride. No sunglasses. No arm warmers. No sunblock. No sunshine. Even if it rains, I will cycle. It's that simple. I look for the quietest roads: Old Upper Thomson and Mandai. I stop at Kranji War Memorial. Part of trying to get closure. I'd have been the only soul there, except for a couple in a car, doing driving practice. I stop at a plaque that details the fall of Singapore. And another in memory of Force Z. The difference between their life and death was about a month, when Japan surrendered after executing them. The sky is somewhat cloudy, but the rain holds. The sun sets. The sky is ablaze. I look back and wonder. All those people who lived and died. All the happy, all the sad. It's the same sunset, isn't it?

No comments: