Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Thursday, November 08, 2007

$1 worth of stress

To Lim Chu Kang Rd, 84 km. Weary, wornout with weighty woes during the week, cycling has become toil but I'm on the road anyway. As my crank turns, my mind churns. I figure out some things but the intractable remain unsolvable. At NTU, I feed $1 into a vending machine. The coin keeps coming out and I keep shoving it in. When it stops coming out, the drink doesn't come out either. Grrrr! I wave to a security guard for help but he goes away. I slot in another coin (throwing good money after bad!) and it comes out alone. I fret, then realise $1 should buy only $1 of stress, no more.

No comments: