Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Placid on the outside, raging on the inside

To Upper Thomson Road, 22 km. On the outside, I look like someone on a leisurely ride. On the inside, I'm disturbed. My back hurts; it's been so since 18 Jun after I break the cardinal rule of using new equipment (in this case, my saddle) on an expedition only after it has been extensively road-tested and adjusted. Or perhaps it's psychosomatic: my work is back-breaking. This morning, I wake up at 2 am to write an office email ... And because of work, I decide not to go for an advanced mountain bike clinic this Fri. Which is just as well. Like bikeshop man says today, after adjusting my rear d for the 4th time this year, it costs money to ride.

No comments: