Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Desperate ride

In Ang Mo Kio, 11 km. The rain falls down. The umbrellas go up. From a drizzle to a downpour, I do my laps. Partly because I pretend to be training, partly because I'm desperate to cycle away / work out my work woes. I miss a turn. I jam my brakes. Wheels lock. Tyres screech. Rider is nonchalant and stays upright. The rain doesn't quite wash away my troubles, but I'm squeeze-my-clothes-and-see-water-gush wet. Of course, I'd cleaned my drivetrain over the weekend. But at least, my casette is behaving itself (it somehow got loose after my last ride, see below, but I got it fixed free of charge last night).

No comments: