Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Why oh why

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 26 km. Saturday morning. A time to sleep in and wake up without the alarm clock. I get up, put on sloppy riding togs and ride to remind my body that tomorrow it'd better work hard. Back home, it takes barely 50 minutes to get my bike race ready. The bike is ready but the biker isn't. So, why do I do this? Isn't there enough stress at work, why have stress at play? Risking bloodshed and broken bones. All keyed up, waiting for tomorrow. Just to find out when I've been weighed and measured, whether I'm found wanting. I want my first podium finish for my third off-road race!

No comments: