Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, March 12, 2006

From chicken to champion?

To Bukit Timah Hill, 57 km. Yesterday has tired me out. A roadie passes me this morning. Ordinarily, I'd chase. But not today. In fact, I want to chicken out, save my $25 race fee, put on my slick tyres and forget about racing off road. But I'd already asked N to show me the race route today. And my ego is bigger than that hill. Today is the first time I've: a) done the entire loop (instead of parts of it); b) fallen on the hill (after I shout at some hikers; why do they hike here when there are far more places to hike than bike on this island); and c) done the loop solo (I don't want to, but N says I should go a second round after her ride with me. Two riders blast past me and I stop to let a third pass). I pay N the "tuition fee" by buying her lunch. Next week will be the second off road race in my life; the first was in 2004. I'm glad I got a mountain bike to replace my Iron Horse.

No comments: