Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Acid test

To Chuan Hoe Ave, 18 km. Today is probably my shortest ride with contact lenses. I've caught a cold again but test my jury-rigged map holder on my handlebar, in preparation for next week's Epic Expedition #3, my third in three consecutive years. The test succeeds, but I hope the thing stays affixed in sun and rain after hundreds of km. If you can't (or don't want) to avoid or transfer risk, at least mitigate it. Someone who did this well is the Japanese gent named John who's "immortalised" in the Japanese cemetary as the first Japanese resident in Singapore in the 1800s. A man who was shipwrecked, ended up in the US, denied re-entry into isolationist Japan and who made his mark in Singapore.

No comments: