Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Higher learning

To Bukit Timah, 73 km. Singapore Management University is built on high ground. So is Nanyang Technological University and my alma mater, the National University of Singapore. And this is why they are called institutes of higher learning - people have to make their way uphill. Today, I race with two roadies - and lose. The first roadie appears like a grey ghost; he's dressed in black and grey and rides a titanium Litespeed. It's all over in minutes; I can't keep up with him at 42 km/h along Mandai Road. He might as well be riding a single-speed since he doesn't change gear. The second roadie rides a Fusion; he's someone I met once during Friday East Night Ride. We jockey for position at 39 km/h, darting around buses along Bukit Timah Road; I'd say he wins since I don't stay in the lead for long.

No comments: