Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Mount, hill, ridge, park

To Mount Faber, Telok Blangah Hill , Kent Ridge, Windsor Park, 59 km. I've been up these hills but never one after another. There's no gnashing of teeth as I go up. But there's crashing of gears, so bad that the irritating clank with each turn of the crank returns. I mess up the approach because I'm on the wrong side of the road. I did get lost and I wonder how I find Blangah Hill from Faber. Telok Blangah Heights should lead to the hill but no, it's Telok Blangah Green. A "green" is a flat place, which people in golf-crazy Singapore should know. On the way there, I am surrounded by a flock of people jaywalking. They are bird-brained, but I shouldn't be rude ... about birds. I wear my contacts, which blur now and then. Puts a whole new meaning to "blind corner" as I roll down the hills. I want to go round island after that, but impending rain ends that thought. Back home, I find a 6cm gash on my chainstay. Poor horse. Must have been the manhandling up the ferry to Kundur .

No comments: