Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Long slack ride

To Kranji, 77 km. Another weekend with the Bike-Aiders. I feel like sleeping, but that only brings pleasure for another hour or so. What shall I do after that? Instead of hitting the sack, I hit the road. I alternate between charging uphill and waiting in the shade. A trailer pulls past me, pulling a few other riders in the slip stream. That's when we really spin. We reach Kranji and Lim Chu Kang, which are unlike their usual rural self; traffic is so heavy, it comes to a standstill. Long lines of cars line the roadside as people make their way to the graveside to sweep the tombs.

No comments: