Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Contacts with the road

To Woodlands, 36 km. Today is the first time I cycle with contact lenses. My earlier attempt some months ago ended in abject failure when, after a few hundred metres, my vision blurred. It happened again today but I pressed on, blinking madly. That worked, though my eyeballs felt kind of dry. If my contacts don't work, it means I'll make hard contact with the road. But it's cool to ride with shades; look cool, feel cool. Besides cataract prevention (I think), wearing contacts help to reduce neckache, since I don't have to raise my head that high to see the road. When cycling hundreds of km, each degree of elevation counts.

No comments: